Next Generation-NOW is a community of young, passionate and vibrant home furnishings professionals that are the future of the home furnishings industry. Working together, this community will develop the next group of industry leaders through educational events, social networking and guidance and give a voice to the unique needs of future generations in the furniture industry.
Visit Next Generation-NOW at NextGenerationNow.Net to learn more or get involved with the group.
NAHFA Leadership Immersion Experience Program
The North American Home Furnishings Association is offering young professionals the opportunity to participate in mentoring programs across the nation. Qualified candidates will travel to Best-in-Class retailers for operational familiarization, management training and leadership networking.
These training programs provide an important opportunity to learn from the most successful retailers in the industry in an intimate and exclusive setting.
The two and one half day program features an agenda developed to showcase the finely tuned operations of one of the most successful retailers in the country. With visits to the distribution center, corporate headquarters and a local retail storefront, attendees will have exclusive access to El Dorado executives and key staff members.
- Learn firsthand why Best-in-Class retail operations work so successfully.
- Gain insights into efficiencies and apply them to your operation.
- Network with other young professionals to build your circle of influence.
- Get on the fast track to your next level of success.
Who will participate?
- Home furnishings retail businesses from across the country.
- Some of the brightest and most active young professionals in the industry.
- Thought leaders from inside and out of the home furnishings industry.
Program participation—priority will be given to first time applicants
- A registration fee of $199 credited back to you for a future NAHFA education event upon successful completion of the program.
- Applicants chosen to participate must work in a home furnishings retail store and be members of NAHFA.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years management experience.
- Participants are expected to pay their travel and accommodation expenses.
- Must be members of the NAHFA
- Must have two or more years of work experience in a leadership role in your company
- Will be 19-39 years of age at the time of the event
- Must commit to travel to the event location and be fully able to participate throughout the event
- Must have the support of your company’s chief executive to participate (letter submitted, see application)
- Must provide complete and accurate profile information within application, including demographic information and birth date
- Must agree to participate in a post event evaluation and to provide a written summary of your experience, what you learned and what you will implement in your business/operation
- Must complete the full application (Incomplete applications will not be considered)
When will I be notified?
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee and applicants will be notified by a NAHFA coordinator ASAP as to whether you have been selected.
What will I need to pay for?
If selected, you agree to pay for your travel and accommodation expenses in full.
A registration fee of $199 credited back to you for a future NAHFA education event upon successful completion of the program.
Since attendance relates directly to and is intended to directly benefit your work/business/professional development, it is expected that your company’s chief executive will authorize the necessary time and additional funds for selected participants to fully participate in the event.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.